Sunday, September 29, 2013

Perfectionism limits our chances to risk, learn, grow, and succeed

Moussavi-Bock, D. (2013). Perfectionism limits our chances to risk, learn, grow, and succeed. Journal Of Staff Development, 34(4), 62-63.


This article is one that I personally need to read because sometimes I am a perfectionist and I stop myself from doing things if I know they won't be perfect.  This has caused me to miss some great opportunities. The author writes about perfectionism, high expectations, anxiety, fear of failure, opportunity and change.

Quote:


I confess to a degree of perfectionism that used to prevent me from having much-needed conversations for fear of saying the wrong thing or saying it wrong. These days, I just say it and let the chips fall where they may. I encourage you to do the same. It will probably go better than you imagined. And if there are chips, well, keep your shoes on, and no one will get hurt. Susan Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment