Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spinach Is Good For You: a call for change in the american schools

By: Ashley Walker

Kein, T., Millman, H., & Arons, B. L. (1973). Spinach Is Good For You: a call for change in the american schools. Bowling Green, Ohio, United States: Bowling Green University Popular Press.

In this book, a group of teachers go against the “machine”, also known as our current educational system, and attempt to reform and change the way of thinking at their school. The have documented their discoveries, accomplishments, and struggles as well as give “humanizing” exercises current teachers can adopt within their own classrooms.

2 comments:

Stacey Caillier said...

I want to read this! If you read it, I'd love to hear what you thought about it here!

Ashley Walker said...

Will do! I have read a chapter or two, and it is quite interesting. I will pass it along once I have finished it! :-)

Post a Comment